Skip to content
- Banco Santander Chile on the mandatory merger control procedure before the National Economic Prosecutor (FNE) regarding the creation, in partnership with Zurich Insurance Mobile Solutions, of an autonomous joint venture for the development and provision of digital insurance brokerage services. The notification process involved assessing overlaps in horizontal and vertically related markets. The FNE granted clearance to the concentration operation without conditions.
- Fresenius Kabi Chile and Laboratorios Sanderson on its defense in a lawsuit submitted by the FNE for an alleged bid rigging collusion. The FNE accused Fresenius Kabi, Sanderson and Laboratorios Biosano of colluding from 1999 to 2013 on several bids conducted by Cenabast (Chilean state agency which centralizes the acquisition of medical products for the public sector).
- Mitsui O.S.K. Lines on the defense in a lawsuit submitted by the FNE against several car shipping companies for alleged bid rigging collusion.
- CPM and Codelco on a consultation procedure before the Antitrust Court initiated by Empresa Portuaria de Antofagasta (EPA), on behalf of the concessionary of the Antofagasta Port (ATI). Carey submitted their opinion and legal arguments in response to the request made by ATI.
- SABMiller on the joint voluntary notification before the FNE, in order to obtain approval regarding its sale to Anheuser-Busch.
- Solairedirect (Engie) on the financing of the construction, commissioning and operation of Los Loros Solar Plant, a 54-MWP photovoltaic solar power plant in the Atacama Region, granted by the Interamerican Development Bank, among others, for USD100 million.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Legal Support for King & Wood Mallesons and DLA Piper, London (2015).
- Teaching Assistant of International Contracts, Universidad Católica de Chile (2013).
- Executive Assistant, Australian Chilean Chamber of Commerce, Sydney, Australia (2008).
- Teaching Assistant and member of the Procedural Law Center, Universidad Católica de Chile (2004-2007).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2006-2007).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter, Cartels & Leniency, ICLG (2020).
- Speaker, seminar "Legal Challenges of Information Technologies", presentation: "The Law and the Code, challenges of the algorithms and blockchain to the law and competition", Law, Science and Technology Program, Universidad Católica de Chile (2019).
- Speaker, seminar "Blockchain: Where are we going?", Law, Science and Technology Program, Universidad Católica de Chile (2019).
- Speaker, seminar "Challenges for Competition Law in a New Context", Universidad de Concepción (2018).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2005).
- Degree in Antitrust and Regulated Markets, Universidad Católica de Chile (2013).
- Master in International Finance and Regulated Markets, University College of London, (UCL), United Kingdom (2015).
- Comparative Political Economics Degree, University College of London, (UCL), United Kingdom (2015).
- Accounting and Finance Degree, ESE Business School, Universidad de los Andes (2016).