Raquel ZuloagaSenior Patent Specialist
+56 2 2928 2766
Senior Patent Specialist of Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. She leads the biotech patent team and her practice is focused on industrial property matters in relation to the local and foreign prosecution of biotechnology patents, as well as prior art searches, preparation of patentability opinions, development of patent protection strategies, providing expert advice on protection through patent rights, conducting freedom-to-operate (FTO) searches and opinions, and drafting patent applications. In addition, she also advises on proceedings before the courts and attends to oral hearings before the Industrial Property Court.
- Leading pharmaceutical and animal health international companies, such as Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Macrogenics, Hoffmann – La Roche, Boehringer Ingelheim human & Animal health, Allergan, Bristol Myers & Squibb, Pfizer, Zoetis, Previwo, Epizyme, AMICUS Therapeutics, SANOFI AVENTIS, Genzyme, Aleta Biotherapeutics, Benchmark Animal Health, Prometic Biotherapeutics, Prothena Bioscences, Zealand Pharma A/S, among others, on the prosecution of their intellectual property assets.
- Leading agricultural and crop science international companies, such as BASF Agro & Plants Science, Swetree Technologies, Erber AG, CIBUS, among others, on the prosecution of their intellectual property assets.
- Leading food international companies on the prosecution of their intellectual property assets, such as Nestlé, among others.
- National clients on the preparation and prosecution of their intellectual property assets, such as universities, research centres and local companies.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of the Diploma in Industrial Property Management, Patents and Plant Varieties, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty, Universidad de Chile (2020).
- Professor at the Summer School “Innovation and Technology Transfer from the University to the Industry”. Prior Art searches (2019-2020).
- Biochemist, Universidad de Chile.
- Diploma in Immunology Diploma, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad de Chile (1991).
- Workshop for 2nd Medical Uses Patent Protection – Training Program for Latin America, INAPI - EPO (2001).
- Biotechnology Inventions Patentability, Training Workshop. INPI Argentina - EPO, (2003).
- General Course on Intellectual Property (DL-101), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2004).
- Biotechnology and Intellectual Property Advanced course (DL 204), WIPO (2006).
- Patent Information Search Course (DL-318 ), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (2009).
- Patent Drafting Course (DL320), WIPO -INAPI (2012).
- Patent Drafting Advanced Course and Use of the Patent System, WIPO -INAPI (2013).
- Introduction to the UPOV System for Plant Variety Protection Course (DL-205), International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV) (2014).
- Course From University to Industry, Summer School, Universidad Católica de Chile - University of Cambridge (2018).