+56 2 2928 2215
His practice focuses on corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and general practice.
- Hapag-Lloyd, a German listed company and global leader in container shipping, on the acquisition, for approx. USD1 billion, of the port terminals and inland logistics business of SAAM, a Chilean listed multinational company that provides foreign trade services. Upon closing, Hapag-Lloyd will acquire the entire operation of the port terminals business of SAAM, which includes ten terminals in six countries in the Americas, and of the inland logistics business of SAAM.
- Patria Investments, a global alternative asset manager, along with Moneda Asset Management, a leading asset manager based in Chile, on the creation of an investment platform in Latin America, enhancing Patria's product offering by creating the number one Private investments in Public Equities (PIPE) manager in the region. The deal included a sale of shares and an international merger.
- Liberty Latin America (LLA) on the merger with América Móvil (AMX) in order to combine their respective Chilean operations, VTR and Claro Chile, through a 50:50 joint venture agreement. VTR is a leading provider of high-speed fixed products, such as broadband and paid TV services, with approx. 3 million subscribers nationwide, and Claro is a leading telecommunications service provider, with more than 6.5 million mobile customers. This JV creates a greater scale business and product diversification with a capital structure that enables a significant investment for fixed fiber footprint expansion and a forefront 5G mobile delivery.
- Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, as bookrunners and initial purchasers, on a USD403 million senior secured notes issuance due 2033 by Inversiones Latin America Power, under Rule 144A/Regulation S of the United States Securities Act. The proceeds were used to refinance a previous private offering under Rule 4(a)(2) of the United States Securities Act.
- Sinovac, a Chinese leading biopharmaceutical company and one of the largest producers of vaccines against Covid-19 in the world, on the installation and development of its operation in Chile, which is the first one in the region. The representation included, among others, advice on the incorporation of a Chilean subsidiary, the purchase of a real estate for a fill & finish vaccine facility in Santiago, Chile, of more than 21,000 square meters, the entrance of the initial capital funds to Chile, and on labor and immigration matters related to the Chilean and foreign employees who will render services to Sinovac Chile. Through its Chilean business unit, Sinovac intends to also cover the rest of the Latin American market.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Teaching Assistant of Procedural Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2018).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Magna Cum Laude).
- Chile (2021).