Skip to content
- Manutara Ventures, as one of the investors on a financing round for Xepelin Holdings, a US based fintech company oriented to the granting of loans to SMEs, which was led by Kaszek Ventures for USD230 million. Manutara was one of the key early-stage investors, which we advised during their original investment, as well as their participation in follow on rounds through both equity and convertible notes.
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. on the acquisition of Empresa de Servicios Sanitarios de Los Lagos (ESSAL), a Chilean water utility company, for USD172.5 million. The acquisition included a tender offer for the 100% of ESSAL, in which Aguas Andinas and Inversiones Gran Araucaria Dos sold their 93.96% equity stake. ESSAL has operations in Los Lagos and Los Ríos regions.
- Grupo Wiese, a Peruvian economic group, on an investment in Vitamina Chile, a holding company with a relevant network of pre-school and daycare centers across Chile. Wiese invested, through a private investment fund managed by W Capital SAFI, an investment fund management company registered in the Superintendency of Peruvian Securities Market.
- Botanical Solutions on the transfer of its operations to the US and on a financing round in the same country through convertible notes for USD2 million. Botanical Solutions has operations in the biotechnology business applied to the agricultural, food and health industries.
- Tilray, a Canadian company with a stock market capitalization of more than USD14 billion, dedicated to the production of pharmaceutical products containing medicinal cannabis, on the acquisition of Alef Biotechnology.
- UnitedHealth Group on the acquisition of Banmédica, a Chilean healthcare company, for USD2.8 billion. Banmédica has operations in the health insurance, healthcare and medical rescue businesses, with presence in Chile, Colombia and Peru.
- Phage Technologies, a biotechnology company that develops bacteriophage applications to improve intensive breeding processes, on an equity round of financing for USD30 million.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Venture Capital, Chambers Latin America.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Postgraduate professor of the Degree in Venture Capital, Business School, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2020-2021).
- Teaching assistant of Roman Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2012-2017).
- Teaching assistant of Procedural Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2015-2016).
- Law clerk of the Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions / Capital Markets Group, Carey (2014-2015).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter "Alternative Investment Funds", ICLG (2021 and 2022).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Outstanding Intership Award, Judicial Assistance Corporation.