Skip to content
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. on the acquisition of Empresa de Servicios Sanitarios de Los Lagos (ESSAL), a Chilean water utility company, for USD172.5 million. The acquisition included a tender offer for the 100% of ESSAL, in which Aguas Andinas and Inversiones Gran Araucaria Dos sold their 93.96% equity stake. ESSAL has operations in Los Lagos and Los Ríos regions.
- Grupo Wiese, a Peruvian economic group, on an investment in Vitamina Chile, a holding company with a relevant network of pre-school and daycare centers across Chile. Wiese invested, through a private investment fund managed by W Capital SAFI, an investment fund management company registered in the Superintendency of Peruvian Securities Market.
- Botanical Solutions on the transfer of its operations to the US and on a financing round in the same country through convertible notes for USD2 million. Botanical Solutions has operations in the biotechnology business applied to the agricultural, food and health industries.
- Tilray, a Canadian company with a stock market capitalization of more than USD14 billion, dedicated to the production of pharmaceutical products containing medicinal cannabis, on the acquisition of Alef Biotechnology.
- UnitedHealth Group on the acquisition of Banmédica, a Chilean healthcare company, for USD2.8 billion. Banmédica has operations in the health insurance, healthcare and medical rescue businesses, with presence in Chile, Colombia and Peru.
- Phage Technologies, a Chilean company focused on the development of biotechnological veterinary products, on the closing of a financing round of USD4 million to open operations in Europe. Phage operates in Chile, Argentina and Brazil and distributes its product Milkeeper in association with the animal health division of Bayer. The new investors include family offices, angel investors and a Chilean venture capital fund.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Postgraduate professor of the Degree in Venture Capital, Business School, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2020-2021).
- Teaching assistant of Roman Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2012-2017).
- Teaching assistant of Procedural Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2015-2016).
- Law clerk of the Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions / Capital Markets Group, Carey (2014-2015).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Outstanding Intership Award, Judicial Assistance Corporation.