Skip to content
- Goldman Sachs, as the sole global coordinator, bookrunner, initial purchaser and commitment provider, on a USD489 million zero coupon senior secured notes issuance due 2028 issued by Chile Electricity PEC SpA under Rule 144A/Regulation S of the United States Securities Act of 1933. The proceeds were used by Chile Electricity PEC SpA to purchase certain receivables from the main energy generation companies in Chile originated under Law No. 21,185, which temporarily stabilized the electricity tariffs.
- Transmisora Eléctrica del Norte, a joint venture between Engie Energía Chile (formerly E-CL) and Red Eléctrica Chile, on the financing of its double circuit 600km 500kV transmission line connecting the two major electrical grids in Chile (at Shearman & Sterling).
- Orion Resource Partners and The Blackstone Group, as lenders and investors, on the financing for up to USD450 million of the Fruta del Norte gold and silver mining project in Ecuador (at Shearman & Sterling).
- Transelec on the restructuring of credit facilities for up to USD150 million and UF 2,5 million with a syndicate of local and international banks (at Shearman & Sterling).
- Zurich Financial Services, Switzerland's largest insurer, on the acquisition of 51% of Compañías de Seguros de Vida y Generales owned by Santander.
- Goldman Sachs on the registration of a local bond in Chilean Pesos (Huaso Bond) for USD1,000 million.
- Graña y Montero on the acquisition of Ingeniería y Construcción Vial y Vives, a Chilean construction company.
- K2 Corredores de Bolsa on its sale to the Spanish group Renta 4, in the area related to capital markets and investment services.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Affiliate, David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Harvard University (since 2018).
- International Coordinator, Corporate Sustainability Program, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2018).
- Research Associate, Center for International Studies, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2017).
- International Associate, Shearman & Sterling, New York (2015-2017).
- Teaching Assistant of Commercial Law (2010-2014), Universidad Católica de Chile (2010-2014).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the New York State Bar Association.
- Author of the article "Quit Playing by the Rules: Towards a Revitalization of Corporate Law as in Instrument of Economic Policy", Revista Estudios Públicos (2019).
- Author of the article "Corporate Governance as a Pillar of Sustainability: A Pending Challenge in Latin America", Revista de Derecho Aplicado-LLM UC (2018).
- Co-author of the article "Pioneering Financing Supports SIC-SING Interconnection", Project Finance International-Global Energy Report (2017).
- Author of the article "Regulation of Conflicts of Interest and Fiduciary Duties of Directors in Chilean Universities", Revista Estudios Públicos (2015).
- Author of the article "The Non-Distribution Constraint and Governance Proposal for Chilean Universities", Debates de Política Pública CEP (2015).
- Co-author of the article "Related Party Transactions on Publicly Traded Companies", Revista Actualidad Jurídica (2015).
- Lecturer, "International Seminar Sustainabilty, Compliance and Governance in Multilatinas Companies", Peru (2019).
- Lecturer, "2nd International Workshop for General Counsel on Corporate Sustainability", Chile (2018).
- Lecturer, "International Seminar Governance and Sustainability in Multilatinas Companies", Colombia (2018).
- Invitee, "Stanford/NVCA Venture Capital Symposium", Stanford Law School, USA (2018).
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Exchange student, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia (2007).
- LL.M., Columbia University, New York (Beca Chile, top ranked applicant in the country) (2015).
- Honor Scholarship Award for academic excellence, Universidad Católica de Chile (2004).
- Luis Gutiérrez Alliende Award to the best student in Commercial Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2008).
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar in recognition of superior academic achievement, Columbia University (2015).
- Chile (2011).
- New York (2016).