Skip to content
- Tianqi Lithium Corporation on the acquisition of a 24% stake of Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) for USD4.066 billion. 62.6 million Class A shares in SQM were awarded to a Tianqi affiliate in an auction conducted at the Santiago Stock Exchange (SSE), making it the largest transaction in the history of the SSE.
- Teck Resources and its subsidiary Teck Resources Chile on a joint venture with Sumitomo for the acquisition of 30% of Compañía Minera Quebrada Blanca for USD1.2 billion, for the development and construction of Quebrada Blanca Phase II project.
- Teck Quebrada Blanca on the expansion of its hypogene project for USD6.2 billion, specifically on the mining legal easements trials against the State of Chile to get the necessary rights to use the surface land for the expansion and for the new facilities.
- Teck on a USD3.5 billion joint venture with Goldcorp that combines their Chilean assets, Relincho and El Morro respectively, into the Corridor Project.
- Kinross on the corporate restructuring of its mining assets, on the strategies referring to relocation of easements, and on the legal implications related to the possible exploitation of new orebodies close to Copiapó.
- Kinross on the judicial constitution of mining easements for its gold project against the State of Chile to get the necessary rights to use the surface land.
- Codelco on the judicial constitution of mining easements for its copper project Radomiro Tomic in the north of Chile, specifically regarding the mining legal easements trials against the State of Chile to get the necessary rights to use the surface land for the new projects of Codelco and its facilities.
- Kinross on a litigation case against GoldFields regarding a mining concessions dispute.
- Quantum Pacific Exploration (QPX) on an agreement with Asset Chile to finance an exploration program in the North of Chile.
- Teck Carmen de Andacollo, a Chilean subsidiary of Teck Resources, on the execution of a Long Term Offtake Agreement and a Streaming Agreement with different subsidiaries of Royal Gold.
- Teck Relincho on the implementation of a copper project for USD3 billion.
- Barrick Gold Corporation on the sale off a 50% interest in the Zaldívar copper mine in Chile to Antofagasta PLC for USD1.005 billion in cash, forming a new partnership with one of the world’s leading copper companies.
- Pattern on the implementation of its solar energy projects.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Energy & Natural Resources: Mining, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Mining, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Mining, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Mining & Metals, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Mining, Best Lawyers.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Assistant professor of Mining Law, Universidad de Chile (since 2004).
- Member of the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation.
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- LL.M., Natural Resources and Environmental Law and Policy with a Mining and Energy specialization, University of Denver (2003).