+56 2 2928 2210
Counsel of the Carey's Natural Resources and Environment Group. His practice focuses on advising international and local clients on natural resources, mining, energy and environmental matters, including mergers and acquisitions, litigation, regulatory matters, mining easements, contract negotiation and implementation of natural resources projects, particularly mining and energy.
- Teck Resources and its subsidiary Teck Resources Chile on a joint venture with Sumitomo for the acquisition of 30% of Compañía Minera Quebrada Blanca for USD1.2 billion, for the development and construction of Quebrada Blanca Phase II project.
- Teck Quebrada Blanca on the expansion of its hypogene project for USD6.2 billion, specifically on the mining legal easements trials against the State of Chile to get the necessary rights to use the surface land for the expansion and for the new facilities.
- Teck on a USD3.5 billion joint venture with Goldcorp that combines their Chilean assets, Relincho and El Morro respectively, into the Corridor Project.
- Codelco on the judicial constitution of mining easements for its copper project Radomiro Tomic in the north of Chile, specifically regarding the mining legal easements trials against the State of Chile to get the necessary rights to use the surface land for the new projects of Codelco and its facilities.
- Aftermath Silver on the negotiation of the acquisition of 100% interest in Challacollo Silver-Gold project from Mandalay Resources.
- Teck Carmen de Andacollo, a Chilean subsidiary of Teck Resources, on the execution of a Long-Term Offtake Agreement and a Streaming Agreement with different subsidiaries of Royal Gold.
- Codelco on the negotiation with Compañía Portuaria Mejillones and Terminal Graneles del Norte, as contractors, and on the drafting of a contract for the provision of comprehensive port services for the transfer of copper concentrates in containers from Codelco’s northern divisions, through a port located in Mejillones, Antofagasta.
- Codelco (Andina Division), owner of Río Blanco mine site, on the negotiation and closing of an agreement with Anglo American Sur, subsidiary of Anglo American and owner of Los Bronces mine site (former Disputada de Las Condes), to coordinate the operations of their respective sites, considering a new management structure for such coordination, environmental factors and maximizing operational and economic elements.
- Capstone Mining, a Canadian based company, on a USD3.3 billion joint venture with Mantos Copper.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Energy & Natural Resources: Mining, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Mining, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Mining & Metals, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Mining, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Mining and Natural Resources, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Mining, Energy and Natural Resources, Top Ranked Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Assistant professor of Mining Law, Universidad de Chile (since 2004).
- Member of the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation.
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- LL.M., Natural Resources and Environmental Law and Policy with a Mining and Energy specialization, University of Denver (2003).
- Chile (2001).