+56 2 2928 2212
His practice is focused on providing legal advice, mainly to employers, in labor related areas, including contractual and corporate matters, as well as labor litigation.
- An American company providing services and products for the mining industry on the restructuring of its business in Chile, including a process of joint termination of employees and the implementation of new employment agreements and policies.
- A company providing services of internet, television and telephony on numerous matters related with unionized employees, including counseling in collective bargaining procedures and the company’s defense in labor trials on alleged anti-union practices.
- An important international airline on collective bargaining procedures, labor trials, revision of labor conditions and counseling in inspections conducted by the Labor Board.
- An international company providing services of commercial printing on the closure of its business in Chile, which implied the termination of around 300 employees, including employees with dismissal protection and the company’s representatives.
- An international insurance company on multiple trials in acknowledgement of employment relationship and collection of labor and social security benefits, filed by independent sales agents hired under commission schemes for long periods of time.
- Foreign diplomatic missions on labor trials and matters related to the regulation applicable to the personnel hired in Chile for performing administrative tasks.
- Several companies on internal investigations, terminations based on disciplinary grounds and defenses in trials of unjustified dismissal, violation of fundamental right and collection of bonuses or shares regarding high ranked managers.
- Several companies on the review of their employees’ labor conditions as a consequence of changes in the economy or in local legislation, especially regarding outsourcing, EHS, remote work and remuneration structure.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of the Degree in Corporate Governance and Compliance, Law School, Universidad del Desarrollo (2018-2019).
- Teaching Assistant for the Labor and Social Security Law Department, Universidad de Chile (2014-2020).
- Internship Program, Carey (2013).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Author of "Intervention by the Labor Judge in the Examination of Witnesses: Officious Probatory Initiative and Due Process", Revista Chilena de Derecho del Trabajo y de la Seguridad Social, Volume 6, Number 11 (2015).
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Degree in Labor Procedural Law and Litigation, Universidad de Chile (2016).
- Master in Labor and Social Security Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2020).
- Chile (2015).