Publication of Supreme Decree No. 1,156, which extends certain tax measures established due to Covid-19
On August 7, Supreme Decree No. 1,156 was published. This decree extends some special tax measures established previously, under the following terms:
- Until 30 September 2020: deadline for opting for the tax regimes established by the Income Tax Law.
- Until December 2020: period in which the Treasury can provide facilities for the payment of tax debts.
- Until December 31, 2020: period in which the Treasury and the Chilean IRS may forgive, totally or partially, the interests and fines applied to the tax returns filed out of time or other procedures related to the Income Tax Law and the VAT Law.
- Until December 31, 2020: period in which the Treasury and the Chilean IRS may forgive, totally or partially, the interest on payments of Property Tax installments made out of time.
- The term for the payment of the two installments of the Property Tax due on September 30 and November 30, 2020 is extended. These obligations will be paid through the four installments corresponding to the Property Tax for the year 2021.
The content of Supreme Decree No. 1,156 can be reviewed here.
If you have any questions regarding the matters discussed in this news alert, please contact the following attorneys or call your regular Carey contact.
+56 2 2928 2226
This news alert is provided by Carey y Cía. Ltda. for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be construed as legal advice.
Carey y Cía. Ltda.
Isidora Goyenechea 2800, 43rd Floor
Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.