On August 7, Supreme Decree No. 1,156 was published. This decree extends some special tax measures established previously, under the following terms:
- Until 30 September 2020: deadline for opting for the tax regimes established by the Income Tax Law.
- Until December 2020: period in which the Treasury can provide facilities for the payment of tax debts.
- Until December 31, 2020: period in which the Treasury and the Chilean IRS may forgive, totally or partially, the interests and fines applied to the tax returns filed out of time or other procedures related to the Income Tax Law and the VAT Law.
- Until December 31, 2020: period in which the Treasury and the Chilean IRS may forgive, totally or partially, the interest on payments of Property Tax installments made out of time.
- The term for the payment of the two installments of the Property Tax due on September 30 and November 30, 2020 is extended. These obligations will be paid through the four installments corresponding to the Property Tax for the year 2021.
The content of Supreme Decree No. 1,156 can be reviewed here.
AUTHORS: Jessica Power, Manuel José Garcés, Andrés Carrasco.