Member of Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. He specializes in Life Sciences and regulatory matters, including advising companies in intellectual property issues related to the pharmaceutical industry, cosmetics, medical devices regulatory matters, regulation regarding medical professions, commercialization and advertisement of pharmaceutical products, cosmetics and medical devices, data privacy and data protection, sanitary litigation, biddings, public and private procurement, representation of clients in administrative procedures and judicial and administrative litigation arising thereof. Additionally, his general practice includes advising in intellectual and industrial property matters and litigation, licenses, distribution and franchise agreements, among other matters.
- Law, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Degree in Pharmaceutical Products, Biological Products and Cosmetics Regulatory Affairs, Universidad de Chile (2013).
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs in Pharmaceutical, Biological and Cosmetic Products Graduate Program, Universidad de Chile (2016).
- Law Clerk of the Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group, Carey (2009-2010).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- An important innovator pharmaceutical company in the defense of information access -trade secret- requested to the sanitary authority before the Chilean Council for Transparency.
- An important international food flavor company in the obtention of the sanitary authorizations required for its installation and operation in Chile.
- Several important innovator pharmaceutical companies in their incorporation transfer of sanitary registrations, structuring and implementation of their business structure in Chile.
- Several major multinational pharmaceutical companies in the sanitary summary proceedings and representation of their rights before the courts of law, including summary proceedings for bioequivalence issues.
- Several important multinational pharmaceutical companies in their participation in public bidding process for the acquisition of their products.
- Several major innovator pharmaceutical companies in the development of their clinical trials and scientific investigation projects in the country.
- Several major innovator pharmaceutical companies in the acquisitions and defense of data exclusivity rights over their pharmaceutical products.