Member of Carey´s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. He specializes in Life Sciences and regulatory matters, including advising companies in intellectual property issues related to the pharmaceutical industry, advice regarding pharmaceutical, cosmetics and medical devices regulatory matters, regulation regarding medical professions, commercialization and advertisement of pharmaceutical products, cosmetics and medical devices, data privacy and data protection, sanitary litigation, biddings, public and private procurement, representation of clients in administrative procedures and judicial and administrative litigation arising thereof. Additionally, his general practice includes advising in intellectual and industrial property matters and litigation, licenses, distribution and franchise agreements, among other matters.
- Law, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Graduate program in Pharmaceutical Products, Biological Products and Cosmetics Regulatory Affairs, Faculty of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universidad de Chile (2013).
Activities and Memberships
Clerk, Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group (2009 – 2010).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- An important innovator pharmaceutical company in the defense of information access (trade secret) request before the Sanitary Authority before the Chilean Council for Transparency.
- An important international company of flavors for the food industry in the obtention of the sanitary authorizations required for its installation and operation in Chile.
- A major innovator pharmaceutical company before the Antitrust Authority and the Ordinary Court, for alleged acts of unfair competition and sham litigation.
- A major innovator pharmaceutical company in the defense of the category of its products before the Public Health Institute for the recognition of such products in the bioequivalence system in Chile ans in its judicial representation.
- An important multinational pharmaceutical company in the transfer of sanitary registrations of its pharmaceutical products and authorization of the entity before the sanity authorities.
- Several major innovator pharmaceutical companies, in the acquisitions and defense of data exclusivity rights over their pharmaceutical products.