Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions / Capital Markets / Banking & Finance Group. His practice focuses on advising international and local clients in mergers and acquisitions, including tender offers, auction processes, acquisitions of companies and assets, negotiated transactions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, securities and debt offerings, derivatives, project financing and development, representing both corporations and financial institutions.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Corporate and M&A, and in Capital Markets, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A; Banking and Finance; Capital Markets, and in Energy, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Derivatives (2012) and Mergers and Acquisitions (2014), Client Choice Guide.
- Recognized as Leading Private Practitioner in Capital Markets, LACCA (2014).
- Ranked as one of the leading corporate lawyers in Chile under the age of 40, Latin Lawyer (2003).
- Recognized in Banking and Finance; Capital Markets; Corporate and M&A and Investment, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Who’s Who Legal.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- LL.M., The University of Chicago (2001).
- Author of the Introduction “Legal innovations that foreign investors should be aware of”, ILFR Guide (2014).
- Co-author of “Secured Transactions South of the Border: Chilean Highlights and Recent Developments”, Conference on Consumer Finance Law, Quarterly Report, Vol.66, n°3 y n°4, Oklahoma City University Law School (2012).
- Author of the Chilean chapter in “Essentials of Merger Review”, International Antitrust Committee, American Bar Association (2009).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in “Merger Control Worldwide”, Cambridge University Press (2005).
- Contributor in several legal reforms promoted by the Chilean government and other non-governmental entities, including the NCG 30’s reform by the Insurance and Securities Commission regarding the registration of securities and debt offerings; the new regulation on corporations; the new law that facilitates the registration of a new business and the code for the certification of mining projects that seeks to facilitate the financing and IPO of new and junior mining companies; among others.
Frequent lecturer on various corporate finance, securities, M&A, private equity and corporate governance topics in seminars and conferences organized by the ABA, Latin Lawyer and the Chilean Bar Association, among others.
Continues in the next page...