Member of Carey’s Natural Resources and Environment Group. His practice is focused on water law, mining law, natural resources transactions and litigation, corporate and commercial law.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Master of Environmental Law, University of Sydney (2013).
Lecturer in seminars and conferences in the field of natural resources law.
Activities and Memberships
- Teaching Assistant of Law, Market and Economics, Universidad Católica (2001 – 2003).
- Foreign Associate, Energy and Resources group, Clayton Utz, Brisbane, Australia (2014).
- Collaborator of AUSCHAM (Chile – Australia Chamber of Commerce) (Since 2010).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- IFM Investors in the sale of Pacific Hydro, a renewable energy company with assets in Australia, Chile and Brazil, to State Power Investment Corp. of China. This deal was recognized as Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year of 2016 by Latin Finance.
- Barrick Gold Corporation in the sale process of the 50% of Compañía Minera Zaldívar and advise on water rights and permits matters.
- Kinross in its restructuring of certain assets in Chile.
- Hidroeléctrica La Higuera and Hidroeléctrica La Confluencia on water rights and permits matters.
- Origin Energy in the analysis and report of water rights for the acquisition of the Cuervo, Blanco and Cóndor hydro power plants projects.
- Lachlan Star in the purchase process of Dayton gold mine at Andacollo, and subsequent operation expansions.
- Hidroeléctrica Chacayes in the due diligence for a USD340 million refinancing.