Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Litigation Group. His practice focuses principally on civil and commercial litigation, arbitration, administrative and environmental regulatory litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency.
Awards and Recognitions
- Best Undergraduate Professor Award, School of Law, Universidad de Chile (2008).
- Recognized in Arbitration and Mediation, Best Lawyers.
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- LL.M., Duke University (Beca Presidente de la República) (2006).
- Degree of Corporate Finance, Universidad de Chile (2010).
- LL.M., Universidad de Chile (candidate).
- Author of the article “The unfair competition in the commercial distribution contract”, Revista Chilena de Derecho Privado N° 22, Fernando Fueyo Laneri Foundation (2014).
- Author of several articles in Chilean and foreign publications.
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Chile (since 2001).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the New York Bar Association.
- Chile (2001).
- New York (2007).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Several hydroelectric projects in their legal defense due to constitutional remedies before the courts of appeals and Supreme Court.
- Domestic and foreign companies in commercial arbitrations on corporate conflicts.
- A global bank in its defense due to class action proceedings related to the Consumer Protection Act.
- A global company in a USD20 million arbitration related to a breach of a distribution contract.
- A mining company in a debt restructuring.
- Domestic and foreign companies in their defense in complex litigation.