Counsel of Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. Her practice areas are focused on technology contracting, negotiation and legal advice on licensing, implementation and maintenance projects, software and web development agreements, electronic commerce, personal data policies, distribution agreements and general legal advice related to intellectual property rights and new technologies.
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- Degree in Chilean tort law, Universidad de Chile (2002).
- Master of Commercial Law, specialized in E-law, University of Melbourne, Australia (2008).
- WIPO Executive Program on Strategic Intellectual Property Management (2012).
- Author of “The regulatory framework for data protection in Chile and future challenges”, Taylor Wessing Global Data Hub (2015).
- Co-author of “Franchise Law in Chile: Current Issues and Future Outlook”, (with Tim Samples and Guillermo Carey), Law and Business Review of the Americas (2014).
- Author of “Dispute Resolution – Chile”, PLG World Book (2006).
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Licensing Executive Society Chile.
- Member and Chapter Chair for Chile of the International Association of Privacy Proffessionals (IAPP).
- Member of ITechLaw.
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Retail and insurance companies in the advice on the selection of an electronic signature provider for the migration to a paperless process.
- Inria Chile in a multi-party negotiation for a cooperation agreement for the research, development and packaging of information technologies.
- A multinational pharmaceutical company on a data due diligence.
- Coopeuch in the negotiation of a software license, its implementation and maintenance in the substitution process of their core banking platform.
Continues in the next page...