Partner of Carey and head of the Labor and Immigration Group and co-head of the Construction and Engineering Group. His practice also includes litigation and arbitration, contracts, and general civil practice.
His labor and immigration practice includes collective bargaining, union matters, unfair labor practices, compensation and benefits, discrimination and general violations of employee fundamental rights, employment termination, work related illnesses and accidents, labor related litigation of all types, as well as work permits and visas for foreign personnel.
In the construction and engineering practice, Mr. Aitken has vast experience in contracts for all phases of engineering work, as well as in all forms of construction and infrastructures related contracts including Design Built, EPC, EPCM and BOT. His practice ranges from experience with early stages of project development to bidding (including public concessions and PPP project), negotiation and preparation of contract documents, claims management and dispute resolution.
Mr. Aitken also has experience in real estate and has been involved in a variety of projects from development of natural conservation parks to housing projects, office and apartment buildings, hotels, industrial developments, etc.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Labor & Employment; Projects and Real Estate, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Project Finance & Infrastructure and in Labor, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Labor & Employment, Legal 500.
- Recognized as Leading Private Practitioner in Labor, LACCA.
- Recognized in Construction; Labor and Employment; Public Procurement and Project Finance, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Labor and Employment Law, Best Lawyers.
- Lawyer of the Year Award in Labor & Employment, Best Lawyers (2015).
- Winner in the Real Estate Category, Leading Lawyers, Idealis (2014).
- Law, Universidad Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- LL.M., University of Michigan (1991).
Co-author of Chilean chapter, Outsourcing Book, Getting the Deal Through (2013-2015).
Frequent lecturer in seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Specialization in Construction Law, Law School, Universidad de los Andes (since 2015).
Continues in the next page...