Member of Carey’s Insurance and Reinsurance / Customs and International Trade / Government Procurement Groups. His practice focuses mainly on the insurance and reinsurance industry, customs and international trade, government procurement, international transactions, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory matters, and commercial and corporate advisory services.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Insurance, Chambers Latin America.
- Winner in the Insurance Category, Leading Lawyers, Idealis (2015).
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- LL.M., University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- Degree on Non-Life and Life Insurance, Escuela de Seguros certified by the Chilean Insurance Regulator (Best student award, 2011).
- Degree on New Tax and Customs Regulation (Best student award, 2012).
- Co-author of “Possible Transpacific Partnership Implications for Chilean International Trade”, Global Trade and Customs Journal (2016).
- Contributor to Benchmarking Public Procurement, Assessing Public Procurement Systems in 77 Economies, World Bank (2016).
- Contributor to Benchmarking Public Procurement, Pilot Report Assessing Public Procurement Systems in 10 Economies, World Bank (2015).
- Co-author of “Amendment to Self-Accusation Regulations in the Customs Ordinance”, The Year in Review (2015).
- Author of several articles of insurance law, corporate issues, energy, natural resources, labor law and other regulation matters, published in “Legal Development in Latin America” and “The Year in Review”, American Bar Association.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Chilean Section of the International Insurance Law Association, AIDA.
- International Purchasing Group Intern, Heidelberg Cement, Germany (2009).
- Insurance brokers claims consultant, Waterloo Brokers, South Africa (2008-2007).
- In-house counsel, Rabobank Chile.
Spanish and English.
Continues in the next page...