Member of Carey’s Tax Group. He advises clients in personal and corporate tax planning, local and international tax consulting, project financing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and foreign investment transactions.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Law Year Abroad Program, University of Leeds, England (2007).
- LL.M. in Tax Administration and Management, Universidad Adolfo Ibañez (2011-2012).
- LL.M. in International Taxation, New York University (2014).
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Law and Business (A.P.C.L.B.), Stern Business School, New York University (2014).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter on Corporate Tax, Global Practice Guides, Chambers & Partners (2016).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter on Tax on Inbound Investment, Getting the Deal Through (2012-2013).
- Author of “Recent Developments in International Taxation: Chile”, Annual Report, International Bar Association (2012).
He has been lecturer of several tax seminars organized by the International Bar Association, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and the New York University.
Activities and Memberships
- Foreign Associate at Linklaters, New York (2014-2015).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Chilean Institute of Tax Law.
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Crystal Lagoons in the worldwide restructuring of its operations, and the Chilean securitization process.
- Origin Energy in the acquisition of 51% of hydroelectric company Energía Austral from Xstrata Chile for USD 150 million, project whose total estimated investment is USD4 billion.
- Qatar Airways in the agreement with LATAM Airlines Group to acquire up to 10% of LATAM, through a capital increase of USD 613 million.
- Falabella in the issuance of an international bond of USD400 million (Linklaters).