Member of Carey’s Energy Group. His professional practice is focused on mining and energy law, particularly in the development of mining and energy projects, energy supply and transmission contracts, NCRE accreditations, regulatory matters, and natural resources transactions.
Awards and Recognitions
Best Pro Bono Coordinator Award, Fundación Pro Bono.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Exchange student, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia (2007).
- LL.M. in Environmental Law, University of Sydney (Beca Chile) (2014).
- Co-author of case note on Warkworth Mining Limited v/s Bulga Milbrodale Progress Association Inc, Local Government Law Journal (2015).
- Co-author of the chapter about Regulated Industries: Mining, Doing Business in Chile, 2nd Edition, British Chilean Chamber (2013).
- Co-author of “Lithium Industry & the Chilean Case”, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (2011).
Co-speaker “Main Aspects of the Legal Mining Easement” at the XIV Congress of Mining Law (2012).
Activities and Memberships
- Foreign Associate, Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Sydney (2015).
- Member of the Sustainability Committee of Chile Australia Chamber of Commerce (2010-2012).
- Law clerk, Natural Resources, Energy and Environment Group, Carey (2005-2008).
- Teaching Assistant, Commercial Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2010-2012).
- Teaching Assistant, Mining Law, Universidad de Chile.
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Marubeni Corporation in the acquisition of a 30% stake in the Antucoya mining project owned by Antofagasta Minerals.
- SunEdison, developer of PV solar power projects, in the negotiation of its power purchase and transmission agreements with CAP, and certain aspects of the development, financing and EPC construction of its plantsacts.
- Andes Mainstream in the development of its wind and PV solar projects, including the financing of the Negrete-Cuel Project by the China Development Bank and subsequent sale to Actis.
Continues in the next page...