Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Energy Group. His practice focuses on energy regulatory matters and various types of energy projects, including contracts for electricity, liquid fuels, natural gas, NCRE accreditations, use of transmission systems, gas transportation, engineering and construction of infrastructure projects, property and land use permits, environmental matters and litigation related to regulatory matters of the energy industry, and civil law.
Awards and Recognitions
Recognized as Leading Individual in Energy & Natural Resources, Chambers Latin America.
- Law, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Degree in Administrative Economic Law: Competitive and Regulated Markets, Universidad Católica de Chile (2006).
- Co-writer of the SIC-SING interconnection bill, approved as the Law N° 20,726 on 2013.
- Member of the writing committee of the Public Electric Highway, presented to the Congress by President Sebastián Piñera on 2012.
- Member of the Energy Ministry’s writing committee for the NCRE bill (Law N° 20,698) (2010).
Activities and Memberships
Lawyer, GasAtacama, in the development and implementation of the legal strategies for several electricity and gas projects; in the negotiation and extension of electric supply and gas supply contracts, in its transportation, in industrial construction contracts; in the proceeding and obtention of electric, mining and gas transportation concessions, and in litigation for easement of access, and in project finance (1999-2007).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Codelco in a PPA with Norgener to supply Ministro Hales and Radomiro Tomic mining divisions with 200MW.
- Codelco in a natural gas supply agreement with GasValpo for El Teniente and Ventanas mining divisions.
- Kinross in a PPA with Guacolda to supply Mantos de Oro and Maricunga mines with 34MW.
- Atiaia in the acquisition of water rights for hydropower developments.
- SunEdison in the negotiation of a PPA, interconnection agreement and related contracts with CAP to connect a PV solar power project of 100MW of installed capacity, the largest photovoltaic plant in Latin America.
Continues in the next page...