Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Corporate / Mergers and Acquisitions / Capital Markets Group. His practice focuses mainly on mergers, acquisition and transfer of companies, public takeovers, joint ventures, shareholders agreements, board’s liability and corporate governance, as well as in capital markets and financial transactions in general. He is the author of several publications on civil and corporate law.
Awards and Recognitions
Recognized in Corporate / Mergers and Acquisitions, Best Lawyers.
Recognized in Corporate / Mergers and Acquisitions, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Distinction Scholarship Award granted to the best student of the class, 1999).
- LL.M., Columbia University, New York (2009).
- Author of the book “Share Transfer Agreements”, Editorial Jurídica de Chile, 412 pp. (2016).
- Co-author of “Mergers and Acquisitions in Chile: Approaching the Controlling Shareholder”, introductory chapter of Who’s Who Legal: Mergers and Acquisitions (2014).
- Author, “Foundations and actions for the application of the veil piercing in Chile”, Revista Chilena de Derecho, N°3 (2012).
- Conference “Share Transfer Agreements”, Chilean Bar Association (2016).
- Conference “Piercing of the corporate veil in the Chilean civil and corporate case law”, Chilean Bar Association (2013).
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Corporate Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2010).
- Professor of Investment Funds Seminar, Universidad Católica de Chile (2012).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2006-2008).
- Member of Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of Center for Corporate Governance, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2010).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Barrick Gold Corporation in the international bid and sale of 50% of Compañía Minera Zaldívar to Antofagasta Minerals for USD1.005 billion, including the negotiation of the shareholder agreement and the structuring of the joint venture.
Continues in the next page...