Partner and co-head of Carey’s Tax Group. She advises domestic and foreign clients in personal and corporate tax planning, local and international tax consulting, mergers and acquisitions, and foreign investment transactions.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as one of the 100 female leaders in Chile, El Mercurio (2008 and 2015).
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Tax, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Tax, Legal 500.
- Recognized in Tax and Corporate / M&A, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Lawyer of the Year in Tax, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Tax Law, Best Lawyers.
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Diploma in Tax Law, Universidad de Chile.
Co-author of the Chilean Chapter on Corporate Tax, Global Practice Guides, Chambers & Partners (2016).
Frequent lecturer in seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.
Activities and Memberships
- Founder and mentor of the mentorship program for young female lawyers “Learning to Lead”, organized by Carey (2015).
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the board of International Fiscal Association Chilean Branch.
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- ING Group in the tax aspects of the sale of its Chilean affiliate for USD3.8 billion to Colombian company Grupo de Inversiones Suramericana (Grupo Sura).
- Enersis, main business unit in Latin America of Spanish company Endesa, the largest electric power company in the world, in the tax aspects of a USD5.9 billion capital increase, the largest ever taken place in Chile.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the tax aspects of the acquisition of a 49.99% stake of Grupo Costanera, the Chilean unit of motorway operator Atlantia, for USD1,125 million. Grupo Costanera owns five toll roads in Chile: Vespucio Sur, Radial Nororiente, Costanera Norte, Litoral Central and AMB (access to the airport).
Continues in the next page...