Member of Carey’s Litigation Group. His practice focuses on civil, commercial and administrative litigation, and alternative dispute resolution, both before ordinary courts and special litigation. He also has experience in domestic and international arbitration.
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- LL.M., University of Chicago (Beca Chile) (2011).
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Intern, Permanent Mission of Chile to the United Nations (2011).
- Editor, Revista Derecho y Humanidades, N° 8 and 9 (2000-2003).
- Teaching Assistant of Criminal Law, Universidad de Chile (2001-2003).
- Teaching Assistant of Contracts, Universidad de Chile (2004).
- Lecturer of Introduction to American Law, Master Universidad de Chile (2013).
- Lecturer of Contractual Remedies, Universidad de Chile (since 2013).
- Chile (2007).
- New York (2012).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- A French engineering and construction contractor, in a subrogation action of USD34 million, initiated by an insurance company.
- A Japanese multinational before the ICC International Court of Arbitration in a lawsuit for breach of contract against a former Chilean distributor.
- An American corporation, before the Tribunal de Contratación Pública (Public Procurements Court), challenging a public tender for the award of a USD70 million contract.
- A water utility company in an arbitration against a state concession, demanding recognition and reimbursement of USD3.2 million in investments made for the benefit of the concession.
- A foreign investment fund in a claim for USD2 million in liquidated damages.
- Both owners and contractors in construction litigation and claims.