Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology, and Venture Capital and Private Equity Groups. Also, he is the head of the Life Sciences Group. His practice specializes in IP, intellectual property litigation, licensing, distribution and franchise agreement, data privacy, technology law, life sciences, trademarks, patents, electronic commerce, technology transfer and data protection.
Guillermo has advised high-impact Chilean technology companies on technology transfer, and the internationalization of these. He is currently the Chief Legal Counsel of Crystal Lagoons.
He has also advised the Chilean Government on various fronts related to IP and transfer of technology.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Intellectual Property and Life Sciences, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, Legal 500.
- Recognized as IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property.
- Recognized as Leading Private Practitioner in Intellectual Property, LACCA.
- Recognized as expert in Patents, IAM Patent.
- Recognized in Information Technology, Patents, Trademarks and Life Sciences, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized with Gold Band, WTR 1000.
- “Lawyer of the Year” Award in Intellectual Property, Best Lawyers (2016).
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Intellectual Property, Client Choice Guide.
- Recognized with the Award of Merit, AIPPI.
Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
Author of several local and foreign publications in Intellectual Property.
Frequent lecturer in Intellectual Property and Internet legal seminars, meetings and conferences both in Chile and abroad.
Activities and Memberships
- Chairman of the American Chilean Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) (2017-2018).
- Member of the board of the American Chilean Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) (2014-2016).
- Counselor at Endeavor.
- Member of the Inter American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI).
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Member of the Licensing Executives Society Chile (LES CHILE).
- Former member of “Grupo Acción Digital”, part of the Chilean government plan for the development of Chile’s digital agenda (appointed by the government).
Continues in the next page...