Counsel of Carey’s Natural Resources, Energy and Environment Group. His practice focuses on natural resources, mining, energy and environment.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer in Mining, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer in Mining, Who’s Who Legal.
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- LL.M. in Natural Resources and Environmental Law and Policy with a Mining and Energy specialization, University of Denver (2003).
Activities and Memberships
- Assistant Professor of Mining Law, Universidad de Chile (since 2004).
- Member of the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation.
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Teck Quebrada Blanca in the expansion of its hypogene project of USD6.2 billion.
- Teck Carmen de Andacollo, a Chilean subsidiary of Teck Resources, in the execution of a Long Term Offtake Agreement and a Streaming Agreement with different subsidiaries of Royal Gold.
- Teck Relincho in the implementation of a copper project of USD3 billion.
- Codelco in the constitution of mining easements for Radomiro Tomic Division.
- Barrick Gold Corporation in the sale off a 50% interest in the Zaldívar copper mine in Chile to Antofagasta PLC for USD1.005 billion in cash, forming a new partnership with one of the world’s leading copper companies.
- Pattern in the implementation of its solar energy projects.
- Kinross in its restructuring of certain assets in Chile.