Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. His practice focuses on IP litigation, licensing, distribution and franchise agreement, trademarks and patents prosecution.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized as IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Intellectual Property: Trademarks, Client Choice Guide (2014 and 2015).
- Recognized as expert in Patents, IAM Patent.
- Recognized in Trademark, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, Best Lawyers.
- Law, Universidad de Los Andes.
- LL.M., Duke University (2006).
Activities and Memberships
- Chair of the Anticounterfeiting Committee, Latin America and Caribbean Subcommittee, INTA (2016-2018).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Member of Marques.
- Member of FICPI.
- Member of ASIPI.
- Member of ACHIPI.
- Foreign Associate, Lexis Nexis (2006 – 2007).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Televisa in the anullment action against the filing of “Poder y Negocios” as a trademark by “Tiempo Presente” Publishing.
- Nestlé in the obtention of the registration of Sahne Nuss as a trademark, which was distinctively acquired by use, after ten years of legal dispute.
- The North Face in its legal defense in order to prevent counterfeiting and other matters regarding their trademark in Chile and Argentina.
- PepsiCo in many litigation cases regarding trademarks related to this company.
- Todo Moda, an Argentinian company, in the negotiation of licensing and franchising agreements for its legal entry into Chile and Peru.