Counsel of Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. His practices areas are focused on intellectual property, infringement of intellectual property rights litigations, licenses, technology transference franchising, distribution and registration processes and invalidation of trademarks, patents and other industrial rights. He has vast experience on advising companies involved in pharmaceutical market (Life Science), on issues regarding the protection and defense of intellectual property assets, as well as regulatory matters concerning the pharmaceutical industry, cosmetics, medical devices and food products.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Intellectual Property and in Life Sciences, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized as IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property.
- Recognized as expert in Patents, IAM Patent.
- Law, Universidad Central.
- Degree in Intellectual Property for countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, Industrial Property Office of Brazil (1997).
- Degree in Administrative Management of Industrial Property, European Patents Office, Hague, Netherlands (1999).
- Degree in New Criminal Procedure, Universidad del Desarrollo (2004).
- Degree in Law on Unfair Competition, Instituto de Estudios Judiciales (2007).
- Academy of American and International Law, Legal Foundation, Dallas, Texas, USA (2008).
- Degree in Intellectual and Industrial Property, Universidad Finis Terrae (2008).
- Degree in Economic Administrative Law, Universidad de Chile (2011).
- Degree in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs in Pharmaceutical, Biological and Cosmetic Products, Universidad de Chile (2013).
Frequent lecturer in seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.
Activities and Memberships
- Director and Vice President of Licensing Executives Society (LES) Chile.
- Member of the Chilean Intellectual Property Association (ACHIPI).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Professor of Graduate Program and Master on Law and New Technologies of Universidad de Chile.
- Professor of Graduate Program of Intellectual and Industrial Property, Universidad Finis Terrae.
Continues in the next page...