Member of Carey’s Banking and Financial Group. His practice focuses on the structuring and implementation of financing for banks and companies, either locally or internationally, as well as in foreign investment and corporate law.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Magna Cum Laude).
- Academy of American and International Law, The Center of American and International Law (1995).
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Commission responsible for drafting the Ethics Code of the Chilean Bar Association (2009-2010).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- JPMorgan Chase Bank and other foreign banks, as lenders, in a syndicated loan for USD750 million granted to Cencosud.
- Bladex, as lender, in a financing for USD100 million granted to Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores.
- DNB Bank, as lender, in a loan for USD15 million granted to Acuinova Chile, with several guarantees.
- Banco Itaú Chile, as borrower, in the amendment and restatement of a syndicated loan for USD200 million granted by Wells Fargo Bank and other foreign banks.
- Banco Santander Chile, as lender, in a financing for USD50 million granted to Compañía Sud Americana de Vapores with the guaranty of Quiñenco.
- Consorcio Puente Chacao, as borrower, in a financing for USD151 million granted by Banco Santander-Chile for the construction of Chacao Bridge in Chiloé island.
- Grupo Ezentis in a loan for USD140 million app. (€126 million) granted by the investment bank Highbridge Principal Strategies, acting on behalf of several investment funds. The loan was granted under the terms and conditions contained in the Senior Facilities Agreement, other credit documents and several securities and guarantees.
- Cine Hoyts, Chilean subsidiary of the cinemas Mexican Group Cinépolis, as guarantor of Tenedora de Cines (Cinépolis), in a syndicated loan for US$300 million granted by Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase Bank, Banco Nacional de México, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Export Development Bank of Canada, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Itaú BBA International, HSBC Mexico, ING Bank, Credit Suisse and BBVA Bancomer.