Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Banking and Finance Group. His practice focuses primarily on lending transactions, project financing, structured products and derivative transactions. He also has a vast experience in the area of mergers and acquisitions.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Lawyer in Banking & Finance; Corporate, M&A; and Projects, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate, M&A; Banking & Finance; Project Finance and Infrastructure; and in Energy, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Leading Private Practitioner in Corporate and M&A, LACCA.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance, Best Lawyers.
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Graduate studies, School of Economy and Administration, Universidad de Chile (2000).
- LL.M., The University of Chicago (2005).
- Co-author of the article “Mind the Gap: Basel III and its implementation in Chile”, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law (2016).
- Author of “Developments in the Financial Markets”, IFLR (2010).
- Author of “Public Offering of Securities”, Diario Estrategia, Chile (2003).
- Author of “Development of Corporate Governance in Chile: Public or Private Role?”, Diario Estrategia, Chile (2003).
- Author of “Ethics, a sound business”, Interview, Revista Capital, Chile (2002).
- Author of “Discussion about the Derivative Action in Chile”, Latin Lawyer Online (2001).
Activities and Memberships
- Professor, Master of Business Law, Universidad de los Andes (2014-2015).
- Foreign associate, Finance Group, Shearman & Sterling (2005-2006).
- Assistant Professor of Securities Market Law, Universidad de Chile (2004).
- Professor of Introduction to Law, School of Administration, Universidad del Desarrollo (2002).
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Latin America Power in a long-term loan for USD306 million to finance San Juan windfarm of 185MW, granted by AB Svensk ExportKredit, Banco Security, DNB Group, KfW IPEX-Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui and Eksport Kredit Fonden, and in a USD30 million credit for VAT obligations, granted by BCI and Banco Security.
Continues in the next page...