Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions, Antitrust and Regulated Markets Groups. His practice focuses on antitrust regulation, merger control, commercial law, merger and acquisitions, securities, corporate and business law.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Competition / Antitrust and in Corporate / M&A, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Antitrust & Competition and in Corporate / M&A, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Competition & Antitrust, Legal 500.
- Recognized as Leading Private Practitioner in Antitrust, LACCA.
- Recognized in Competition, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Competition / Antitrust and Corporate and M&A, Best Lawyers.
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- LL.M., Harvard University (1993).
- “Politics of Global Finance”, London School of Economics and Political Science (1993).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter, Overview of Competition Law in Latin America, IBRAC (2016).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of Merger Control, Getting The Deal Through (2012-2016).
- Co-author of the book “Dumping and Disloyal International Competition” (1995).
Frequent lecturer in seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Economic Law, Universidad de Chile (2013-2014).
- Member of the Antitrust Committee, Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the Board of Directors of K+S Chile (previously Sociedad Punta de Lobos) and Empremar.
Spanish and English.
Recent Representative Experience
- Mitsui & Co. in the acquisition of a 23.4% equity interest in Salmones Multiexport (Salmex), a subsidiary of Multiexport Foods.
- Rexel in the sale of its operations in Brazil, Peru and Chile to Sonepar, a French electrical equipment company for USD51 million.
Continues in the next page...