Partner and head of Carey’s Corporate / Telecom Group. His practice areas span from corporate and business law, financing, mergers and acquisitions to the regulatory and transactional aspects related to the telecommunications industry, including the Telecom law and regulations, concessions, licenses and permits, and state contracts. Mr. Silva has been appointed representative and/or board member of several multinational companies operating in Chile, including banks.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Telecommunications and Media, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Telecommunications and Media, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Telecommunications (2017), Client Choice Guide.
- Recognized in Telecommunications and Media, Legal 500.
- Recognized in Telecommunications, Corporate and M&A, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Communications, Corporate and M&A, Best Lawyers.
- Law, Universidad de Chile.
- LL.M., University of Cambridge (British Counsel Scholarship) (1993).
- Author of the Chilean Chapter of Getting The Deal Through – Telecoms and Media (since 2000).
- Co-author of the article “Amendments to Telecommunications Law in Chile”, Chilean Legal Report, Chilean-British Chamber of Commerce (2011).
- Co-author of the article “The New Telecoms Antenna Law”, Chilean Legal Report, Chilean-British Chamber of Commerce (2012).
- Author of the article”New Communications Antenna Law in Chile”, Communications Law Newsletter, International Bar Association (2013).
Active participant in the IBA Telecom conferences.
Activities and Memberships
- Vice-President and Latin America Forum Liason Officer, Communications Law Committee, International Bar Association.
- Member of the legal committee of the Chilean British Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the board of the Chilean Direct Selling Association (since 1994).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association (since 1988) and member of its Ethics Committee (2009).
- Member of the Cambridge Society of Chile (since 1993) and director of the same (2009-2016).
- Visiting Professor of the Master of Informatics and Telecommunications Law, Universidad de Chile (2005, 2007 and 2009).
Continues in the next page...